On Wednesday night, American Olympic swimmer Katie Ledecky threw out the first pitch at the Washington Nationals’ home game against the Baltimore Orioles. She brought her medals from the Rio Olympics — four gold, one silver — with her out onto the field. This posed a problem when she needed to throw the ball, so she handed them to the Nationals’ Bryce Harper, who was only too happy to oblige.
This is the second time Ledecky has thrown out the pitch at Nationals Park. The Associated Press reports that her first was following the 2012 Olympic Games in London, where, at the age of 15, she won the 800-m freestyle.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time