Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is against the company removing headphone jacks in the next iPhone, as is rumored.
Wozniak said Apple would frustrate many customers if it eliminated the headphone jack in the forthcoming iPhone 7, expected to be out in early September.
“If it’s missing the 3.5mm earphone jack, that’s going to tick off a lot of people,” Wozniak told The Australian Financial Review.
Reports indicate Apple will remove the headphone jack to make the next iPhone slimmer and more water resistant, though Apple has not confirmed its plans.
Without a headphone jack, customers will have to either use an adaptor to plug wired headphones into the iPhone’s Lightning port or use wireless headphones via Bluetooth. Wozniak said he “would not use Bluetooth” because listening to music through it “just sounds so flat.”
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk