SNL and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones has been the subject of another vile attack online, this time in the form of a hack. Her website was taken over by hackers who posted images of the actress’s personal identification papers, including her driver’s license and passport, as well as what appear to be nude photos of her.
The hackers additionally topped her homepage with a video of Harambe, the gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo in May, recalling racist social media users comparing the actress to a gorilla, the New York Daily News reports. That harassment led to a meeting between Jones and Twitter execs to discuss ways to deal with abusive comments.
The website has now been taken down. A representative for Jones did not immediately respond to request for comment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer