SNL and Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones has been the subject of another vile attack online, this time in the form of a hack. Her website was taken over by hackers who posted images of the actress’s personal identification papers, including her driver’s license and passport, as well as what appear to be nude photos of her.
The hackers additionally topped her homepage with a video of Harambe, the gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo in May, recalling racist social media users comparing the actress to a gorilla, the New York Daily News reports. That harassment led to a meeting between Jones and Twitter execs to discuss ways to deal with abusive comments.
The website has now been taken down. A representative for Jones did not immediately respond to request for comment.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms