Fresh from Rio, the Final Five U.S. women’s gymnasts — Simone Biles, Aly Raisman, Laurie Hernandez, Gabby Douglas and Madison Kocian — aren’t sleeping on their newfound fame. They paid a visit to Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show on Tuesday, and for the special occasion the host set up a high-energy game of full-body, human-sized “Hungry Hungry Hippo” for the victorious team to take a whack at. Actor Donald Glover, another guest on the show, was also recruited to compete against the Kellogg’s champions… and appeared a bit out of his league, as presumably we would all feel in the presence of greatness.
The gimmick revealed that beneath their mega-watt smiles and ubiquitous giggles, these impressive young women are very serious about competition, no matter the stakes. Watch the clip to see which team managed to snag gold.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy