Fresh from Rio, the Final Five U.S. women’s gymnasts — Simone Biles, Aly Raisman, Laurie Hernandez, Gabby Douglas and Madison Kocian — aren’t sleeping on their newfound fame. They paid a visit to Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show on Tuesday, and for the special occasion the host set up a high-energy game of full-body, human-sized “Hungry Hungry Hippo” for the victorious team to take a whack at. Actor Donald Glover, another guest on the show, was also recruited to compete against the Kellogg’s champions… and appeared a bit out of his league, as presumably we would all feel in the presence of greatness.
The gimmick revealed that beneath their mega-watt smiles and ubiquitous giggles, these impressive young women are very serious about competition, no matter the stakes. Watch the clip to see which team managed to snag gold.
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now