In a harrowing tale of modern love, male ego, and parkour, a man attempted to jump between rooftops early Tuesday morning to impress his date, but instead ended up trapped between two buildings (a Qdoba and a Bruegger’s Bagels, to be exact) in downtown Pittsburgh for hours.
Lest this cautionary tale be only witnessed by this man and his date (and the police, medics, and fire department who came to rescue him by cutting open the building’s walls), Pittsburgh Public Safety thoughtfully live-tweeted the entire incident, which will no doubt be a great learning tool for the many hapless males in this world, hungry for the approval of potential significant others.
The man has been rescued.
Public Safety’s commitment to confirming the man’s motivations should be commended.
However, there was one question that Pittsburgh Public Safety was unable to answer.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time