The guy had it coming. De Niro made the mistake of describing his boat with an “it’s pretty big.” Unable to resist the catnip, Fallon launched into his De Niro impression, which the legendary actor acknowledged with a generous laugh as he has many times before. Smoothie that he is, Fallon transitioned by suggesting they take a boat trip together. “We might do that one day, we’ll see,” De Niro said like a guy appeasing another guy.
Fallon has treated De Niro to his impression before. This one time, he impersonated the Hands of Stone actor laughing in Cape Fear, and then De Niro returned the favor to Fallon with some incomprehensible nervous mumbling.
Watch the class act and the adorably starstruck host above.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time