There’s an unsubstantiated internet story about Bill Murray that gets told around the campfire about how he helped himself to some French fries off of a stranger’s plate and when the stranger gawked at the fry-loving Ghostbusters star, Murray simply laughed, “No one will ever believe you!” and walked off. That story, true or not, has been passed around the internet more than tiny hamsters eating tiny food. Now there’s more compelling evidence.
According to Reddit user Sonowthatimhere, Murray shared some fries with his friend at the Martha’s Vineyard Airport on Saturday and he was able to snap a photo of it. According to the Redditor, “Seemed like [Murray] was just getting his friends to the airport; flight was delayed so they went for a bite.” He added that Murray sharing in the fries “gave everyone in the restaurant a good laugh,” which is all anyone really wants when their flight is delayed.
This September, when Bill Murray Day comes, eat some fries to celebrate.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time