A man paragliding in Utah died after crashing through the roof of a church.
Police said the incident occurred Sunday morning at a Mormon church in Draper, Utah, the Associated Press reported. The man, in his 40s or 50s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The man was using a motorized paraglider when he hit the church roof, according to the AP. Witnesses said he seemed to spiral downward and out of control.
Church services were cancelled on Sunday, and no other injuries were reported in the crash.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space