A 4-month-old boy survived an attack at an Alabama home that left five people dead.
Police found the baby in the home in Citronelle, Ala. after the attack on Saturday. The victims, including a pregnant woman, were killed by firearms and several other weapons, police said.
Officials identified the pregnant victim as Chelsea Marie Reed. The other victims were Robert Lee Brown, Justin Kaleb Reed, Joseph Adam Turner and Shannon Melissa Randall.
Derrick Ryan Dearman, 27, turned himself in following the murders at a police station in Mississippi, CNN reported. Dearman allegedly kidnapped a woman and a 3-month-old baby from the home, and drove to Mississippi, letting them go before he turned himself in. Police said the woman and baby are safe and in good health.
Dearman will be charged with six counts of capital murder to include the unborn child, Captain Paul Burch of the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office told CNN.
According to Burch, multiple people were in the home at the time of the attack. Neighbors said a brother, a sister and their families lived in the house.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time