“I’m not really looking for a boyfriend on Tinder,” comedian Chelsea Handler told the dating app’s co-founder and CEO Sean Rad.
Interviewing the 29-year-old tech mogul on Friday’s episode of her Netflix show ‘Chelsea,” Handler admitted that she only uses the app to hook up with guys she’ll “never have to see again.”
“If I’m in different areas of the world, and I’m like ‘Oh who’s in this area…’ ” she said.
Handler, 41, confessed she hasn’t updated her profile much since her cousin originally put it together. So she enlisted the help of Rad to freshen it up a bit.
His advice was helpful for any dater, both on and off-Tinder: Be authentic.
“You want to be yourself – you want to let people know who you are,” Rad explained.
Tinder employs sociologists who study human psychology and the Tinder ecosystem.
“What we know works is when people are themselves,” he described, saying model shots don’t work on the site. “You’d be surprised how much people pick up in photos and how much they pick up about your personality. You want to give people a feeling of who you are – not necessarily what you look like.”
“When yourself, that’s when you shine and when you can really build a real connection,” he continued.
Rad went on to warn against putting photos up of yourself with other guys or girls. “I know it doesn’t work,” he said.
He also suggested Handler give people more information about herself on her profile, depending what she’s looking for.
“Not much,” she joked.
While Rad’s tips can’t necessarily guarantee Tinder love, he has said the app has produced more than 11 billion connections worldwide to date – 26 million made a day.
“Every week I get invited to more weddings than I’ll ever be able to attend,” he jokes. “Every time you hear that, it’s special.”
This article originally appeared on People.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement