Keira Knightley wears wigs not only because she likes to, but also because she has to.
While her acting career has allowed her to play a wide-spectrum of characters with varying looks, one thing she did not expect during her nearly 20 years in Hollywood was extremely damaged hair.
“I have dyed my hair virtually every color imaginable for different films. It got so bad that my hair literally began to fall out of my head!” Knightley, 31, revealed to Instyle UK.
“So for the past five years I’ve used wigs, which is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to my hair.”
And though her natural locks have been recovering, Knightley has had to tackle a new kind of hairstyle, due to the effects of motherhood.
“I have naturally crazy, curly hair, and since I’ve had the baby it’s become 10 times thicker. So now I’ve been finding quite a lot of dreadlocks,” she shared.
Knightley and husband James Righton welcomed daughter Edie in May 2015.
This article originally appeared on People.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement