Team USA may be used to competing in front of millions of people, but when asked to sing in front of a camera, it seems as though some of them suddenly become victims of stage fright. During a recent 2016 Rio Summer Games feature for The Scene, W Magazine asked Olympians like gymnast Gabby Douglas, swimmer Nathan Adrian and runner Allyson Felix to perform a cover of Queen’s “We Are the Champions.”
While a few of them gave it their best go, belting out the ’70s anthem, others would only speak their lines.
Watch the full video below.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy