On Tuesday night, Lady Grey, a Brooklyn-based jewelry brand, wanted to let everyone know who their vote is with in the upcoming election. After Ivanka Trump supposedly placed a personal order with Lady Grey, Jill Martinelli and Sabine Le Guyader, the brand’s co-founders, penned a letter to Trump to accompany her shipment.
Thy posted an image of the letter on Instagram. It read: “Dear Ivanka, thank you so much for your web order! We’re happy to let you know that the proceeds of your sale have been generously donated to the American Immigration Council, the Everytown for Gun Safety Organization, and the Hillary Clinton campaign. We hope you enjoy your new Lady Grey #helixearcuff.”
Martinelli and Le Guyader signed their names on the bottom, and tagged Trump’s Instagram in the post.
In an interview with Refinery29, Martinelli and Le Guyader said that while they were “flattered” to know Trump was a customer, they strongly disagreed with the ideals of her father’s presidential campaign: “When we received her order, we instantly felt compelled to take the money and donate it to a few organizations that were more aligned with our ideals.”
A spokesperson for Trump had no comment when contacted by Motto.
What do you think? Tell us in the poll.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement