After coming down with a nasty cold during the west coast leg of her Live 2016 tour, Adele took to social media to apologize to her fans for canceling Wednesday night’s show in Phoenix. The 25 artist shared a video of herself explaining how she had tried to push through her illness but had finally accepted that she wouldn’t be able to perform.
“I did my show last night and I loved it,” she says in the clip. “But I pushed too hard and my cold has gotten the better of me, and as you can hear, even if I did the show it wouldn’t be very good.”
But not to worry—she also promises to make it up to fans by rescheduling the concert. Adele’s website has since been updated to reflect this change, listing the show’s new date as Nov. 21.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating