In an uncommonly uncomfortable video, Keilar challenged Cohen about one of Trump’s favorite things: polls. When Keiler notes that Trump is trailing Hillary Clinton in the general election, Cohen asks her, “Says who?” Keiler seems taken aback, but answers: “Polls. Most of them? All of them.”
Further miscommunication follows; prepare yourself for 26 seconds of silence and repetition until both participants are left staring into the camera in disbelief at the other’s response.
The video quickly went viral on social media with the hashtag #SaysWho. The Washington Post characterized the interaction perfectly as “What it’s like to report on 2016.” And for those who want to know what to believe, here are current polling results from Real Clear Politics.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms