The Trump campaign’s new CEO is the impresario of Breitbart News, a hard-right outlet that champions the nominee, opposes illegal immigration and challenges GOP leaders.
A veteran pollster and longtime Trump friend, Conway ascends to the title of campaign manager, a role that had gone unfilled since June. Her task will be to impose message discipline.
The veteran GOP lobbyist and campaign chairman will lose some power in the shuffle, as others take over operational responsibility. He has come under scrutiny for his past ties to a pro-Putin Ukrainian strongman.
This appears in the August 29, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy