The Trump campaign’s new CEO is the impresario of Breitbart News, a hard-right outlet that champions the nominee, opposes illegal immigration and challenges GOP leaders.
A veteran pollster and longtime Trump friend, Conway ascends to the title of campaign manager, a role that had gone unfilled since June. Her task will be to impose message discipline.
The veteran GOP lobbyist and campaign chairman will lose some power in the shuffle, as others take over operational responsibility. He has come under scrutiny for his past ties to a pro-Putin Ukrainian strongman.
This appears in the August 29, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up