The Trump campaign’s new CEO is the impresario of Breitbart News, a hard-right outlet that champions the nominee, opposes illegal immigration and challenges GOP leaders.
A veteran pollster and longtime Trump friend, Conway ascends to the title of campaign manager, a role that had gone unfilled since June. Her task will be to impose message discipline.
The veteran GOP lobbyist and campaign chairman will lose some power in the shuffle, as others take over operational responsibility. He has come under scrutiny for his past ties to a pro-Putin Ukrainian strongman.
This appears in the August 29, 2016 issue of TIME.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases