Nick Jonas may have felt “disappointed” about the MTV Video Music Awards in July when his album Last Year Was Complicated didn’t get any nomination nods, but it looks like there are no hard feelings between the singer and the network now. On Wednesday, the now-solo pop star announced that he’ll be performing onstage at that very same show.
In a short, trippy promotional clip, Jonas muses on the importance of creativity before getting to the point: his performance. MTV reports that he and rapper Ty Dolla $ign will be performing Jonas’s hit song “Bacon” for the show.
He’ll join the likes of Britney Spears on a stage that has previously spawned viral moments like that iconic Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke mashup and the Spears-Madonna duet, so it’s fair to expect the unexpected.
The VMAs air on Sunday, August 28 at 9 p.m. EST.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at email@example.com