Bill Cosby has replaced a key member of his defense team, Cosby spokesperson Andrew Wyatt confirms to PEOPLE.
Angela Agrusa of Liner L.L.P. will take over for Washington, D.C.-based attorney Monique Pressley, who has vigorously defended Cosby against the more than 50 women who have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct and assault by Cosby.
Agrusa, the head of litigation at the L.A. and N.Y.C. firm, will help defend Cosby in the pending criminal case in Pennsylvania, where Cosby is charged with three counts of aggravated indecent assault for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple university employee Andrea Constand in 2004.
Agrusa also replaces Pressley in a civil lawsuit filed by Judy Huth, a California woman who claims the comedian sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15, and in a defamation lawsuit filed by Tamara Green, who sued Cosby in 2014, and accused him of lying when he denied sexually assaulting her.
In July, Agrusa replaced Cosby’s Los Angeles-based attorney, Christopher Tayback.
“Mr. Cosby keeps playing musical chairs with his attorneys as he keeps losing in court, both in our case and in the criminal case in Pennsylvania where the alleged victim is Andrea Constand,” said Huth’s attorney Gloria Allred in a statement to PEOPLE. “We wonder if we have seen the last change in his legal team or whether continued losses will have us see further changes. Despite the many changes in his legal team representatives, Mr. Cosby will not be able to avoid having to face a jury in a court of law.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve