If you’ve been missing the always-intriguing antics of actor Shia LaBeouf, get excited: the hype is building around his new road trip movie, American Honey, which debuted to critical praise at the Cannes Film Festival this year. And now there’s a new trailer to stoke our interest before the movie’s September 30 opening.
“Only a few times in a generation does a film speak to youth in a lasting and powerful way and bely an optimistic message about the American Dream,” the voiceover contends. Presumably, this is one of those times. The free-spirited, Americana-filled trailer is set to Bruce Springsteen’s classic tune “Dream Baby Dream,” which seems fitting for a story of lost youth on a quest to achieve their own, perhaps flawed, versions of that elusive dream.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time