If you’ve been missing the always-intriguing antics of actor Shia LaBeouf, get excited: the hype is building around his new road trip movie, American Honey, which debuted to critical praise at the Cannes Film Festival this year. And now there’s a new trailer to stoke our interest before the movie’s September 30 opening.
“Only a few times in a generation does a film speak to youth in a lasting and powerful way and bely an optimistic message about the American Dream,” the voiceover contends. Presumably, this is one of those times. The free-spirited, Americana-filled trailer is set to Bruce Springsteen’s classic tune “Dream Baby Dream,” which seems fitting for a story of lost youth on a quest to achieve their own, perhaps flawed, versions of that elusive dream.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was