If you’ve been missing the always-intriguing antics of actor Shia LaBeouf, get excited: the hype is building around his new road trip movie, American Honey, which debuted to critical praise at the Cannes Film Festival this year. And now there’s a new trailer to stoke our interest before the movie’s September 30 opening.
“Only a few times in a generation does a film speak to youth in a lasting and powerful way and bely an optimistic message about the American Dream,” the voiceover contends. Presumably, this is one of those times. The free-spirited, Americana-filled trailer is set to Bruce Springsteen’s classic tune “Dream Baby Dream,” which seems fitting for a story of lost youth on a quest to achieve their own, perhaps flawed, versions of that elusive dream.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org