Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are together again at last.
The Step Brothers actors will headline Sony’s comedy, Holmes and Watson, as detective duo Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, EW has confirmed. Etan Cohen (Get Hard, Tropic Thunder) will direct from a screenplay he wrote.
Ferrell and Reilly first teamed up to topline a comedy with Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby in 2006 as racecar pals Ricky Bobby and Cal Naughton Jr. They returned two years later as the eponymous Step Brothers; both projects were helmed by Oscar-nominated director Adam McKay (The Big Short).
Last winter, Ferrell starred in box-office smash Daddy’s Home across from his The Other Guys costar Mark Wahlberg. He returned as the villainous yet stylish baddie Mugatu in Zoolander 2. Meanwhile, Reilly popped up in the acclaimed indie dramedy The Lobster with Colin Farrell. He’ll head to Kong: Skull Island with Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston on March 10, 2017.
The film will be produced by Mosaic and Ferrell’s Gary Sanchez production company.
Deadline first reported the news.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time