Drake fans got a massive surprise Tuesday when the rapper invited Eminem to join him on stage during his Detroit concert as part of his Summer Sixteen Tour.
“Detroit, make some noise for the greatest rapper that ever get on a mother***ing microphone,” Drake shouted to the crowd as Eminem appeared on stage from a trap door, reports Billboard.
It was the first time Eminem had appeared in front of his hometown crowd since November, and the pair performed “Forever.”
Their joint appearance at the Joe Louis Arena follows some drama between Drake and Eminem’s Slaughterhouse bandmate Joe Budden, who had criticized Drake’s latest album Views.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement