Although the team over at Screen Junkies insists the early 2000s don’t deserve our nostalgia in their latest honest trailer, they admit the Russell Crowe-led Gladiator was actually pretty awesome. Of course, there are some aspects of the film the YouTube channel couldn’t help but poke fun at, including the fact that its plot is eerily similar to that of a WWE showdown.
“Strap in for the most well-executed pro wrestling story of all time,” the narrator says. “Complete with a kicka– man of the people supported by chanting crowds, fighting an evil authority figure who cheats to win that ends with them beating the crap out of each other in front of a screaming crowd.”
Watch the full trailer below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This