Warning: This post contains spoilers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Despite the fact that the Man of Steel appeared to meet his end while battling Doomsday in the final battle of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it seems as though he will be back to fight another day.
Henry Cavill — who plays the Last Son of Krypton in the DC Cinematic Universe — took to Instagram Monday to share a picture of what looks like a detailed black superhero suit captioned with the hashtag, “Superman,” a photo that may hint at his character’s new look in the upcoming Justice League.
Of course, as comic book readers know, Superman has previously worn a black suit as part of DC’s The Death and Return of Superman story arc from the ’90s, which suggests that Justice League may draw further from this source material.
Fans will just have to wait until Nov. 17, 2017 — the movie’s release date — to find out for sure.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.