Warning: This post contains spoilers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Despite the fact that the Man of Steel appeared to meet his end while battling Doomsday in the final battle of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it seems as though he will be back to fight another day.
Henry Cavill — who plays the Last Son of Krypton in the DC Cinematic Universe — took to Instagram Monday to share a picture of what looks like a detailed black superhero suit captioned with the hashtag, “Superman,” a photo that may hint at his character’s new look in the upcoming Justice League.
Of course, as comic book readers know, Superman has previously worn a black suit as part of DC’s The Death and Return of Superman story arc from the ’90s, which suggests that Justice League may draw further from this source material.
Fans will just have to wait until Nov. 17, 2017 — the movie’s release date — to find out for sure.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This