1. There’s no such thing as an economic miracle.
By Tyler Cowen in Bloomberg View
2. We should make entrepreneurship a bigger part of foreign aid.
By Steven R. Koltai in the Harvard Business Review
3. In Baltimore, the Justice Department highlights the continuing struggle for black dignity.
By Peniel Joseph at CNN
4. We need a way to confirm digital identity. That’s a lot harder than it sounds.
By Bob O’Donnell in Tech.pinions
5. Are we losing the Grand Canyon?
By Kevin Fedarko in National Geographic
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction