Amy Schumer‘s memoir, The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo, gets serious pretty quickly. The comic known for Trainwreck and Inside Amy Schumer discusses her parents’ divorce, her dad’s battle with multiple sclerosis and an abusive relationship.
She does share some funny but dark anecdotes, like about the time she and her sister were caught shoplifting at Bloomingdale’s, or how she found out about her mother’s third marriage when she discovered a photo of the ceremony while visiting home from college. Here’s are 10 new things we learned about the comic who calls herself “over-exposed.”
- She considers herself an introvert.
- She sold weed and shoplifted to make ends meet in college.
- She really likes creepy stuffed animals, like a teddy bear with two heads she got from a one-time boyfriend.
- She’s worked as an aerobics instructor, a pedicab driver and a waitress at a steakhouse.
- She once “shushed” Vin Diesel.
- She’s only had one one-night-stand.
- That said, she has at least kissed a musician, an NHL player and an NFL player—and all those encounters went somewhat disastrously.
- She once blacked out and woke up with a guy she did not know going down on her.
- Her high school entourage tried to smoke weed both at Saturday Night Live and in Carnegie Hall.
- She met her current boyfriend Ben on a dating app aimed at creative people.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement