The biggest names in film, television and music are coming together to Stand Up to Cancer.
For the fifth time, the charity is airing a live fundraising special complete with a star-studded lineup.
Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Emma Stone, Anna Kendrick and Ken Jeong are among the celebrities set to appear at the event.
Legendary singer Celine Dion is also scheduled to give a live performance during the broadcast, and Keith Urban will be performing alongside fellow country stars Little Big Town.
It was previously announced that Bradley Cooper would serve as executive producer for the live telecast, and will work alongside award-winning production team Done + Dusted, in collaboration with the Stand Up to Cancer production team.
Stand Up to Cancer launched in 2008 as a celebrity-powered telethon, and counts Katie Couric among its co-founders. Its mission is to enlist the entertainment industry in the fight for a cure.
Four telethons have been broadcast in the U.S. and have been made available to more than 190 countries. To date, over $370 million has been pledged to support cancer research programs, with the initial 2008 event raising more than $100 million alone.
Stand Up to Cancer will air its fifth televised fundraising special live from The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles on Friday, Sept. 9, at 8 p.m. ET.
This article originally appeared on People.com
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive