The 22-Pushup Challenge may just be the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2016. The viral awareness campaign — which aims to bring attention to the 22 military veterans who commit suicide daily — is spreading like wildfire through the ranks of celebrity action stars. Hollywood heavyweights like Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, John Krasinski, Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, Scott Eastwood and others have posted videos of themselves completing the 22 pushups, often accompanied by their curious pups (or, in the case of Pratt, joined by wife Anna Faris).
So who’s next? Jeremy Renner, Ludacris, Miles Teller, and Chadwick Boseman are just a few of the bold-name nominees that we can expect to see in the next rounds, if they choose to take up the challenge posed by their famous friends. Anyone is encouraged to participate; as of Monday afternoon, there were about 100,000 posts with the related hashtags on Instagram, from sports teams to politicians or private citizens. The goal of the campaign, as articulated by organization 22KILL, is to collectively make it to 1 million pushups.
Check out some of the celebrities sweating it out to honor those who serve:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization