1. What if we can’t find life on other planets because we’re too early?
By the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
2. Organ transplants can be more fair. Here’s how.
By Lauran Neergaard at the AP
3. Were we completely wrong about cyberwar?
By Neal Pollard and Matthew G. Devost in Politico Magazine
4. Disaster response apps still come up short. Here’s how to improve them.
By Nicholas Kman in the Conversation
5. It pays to be grumpy and bad-tempered.
By Zaria Gorvett in BBC Future
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space