Usain Bolt made history in Rio Sunday night, becoming the first person ever to win the 100-m sprint for the third consecutive Olympics, finishing with a time of 9.81. Naturally, the Internet went wild, and Bolt memes are flooding social media.
But no one photo has picked up as much attention as an image of Bolt breezing past his competition in the 100-m semifinal earlier on Sunday. Snapped by Getty photographer Cameron Spencer, the photo shows a grinning Bolt looking back at those left in his wake as he sails over he finish line.
Sunday’s win makes it a seventh Olympic gold for Bolt, who is also expected to race later this week in the 200-meter sprint and 4X100 relay.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism