She’s won an Oscar (her third) for playing former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on screen, but who should play Meryl Streep in a movie about her life? The iconic actress, widely considered the best of her generation, has a ready answer.
“Amy Schumer, of course,” Streep said during an interview with the Huffington Post while promoting her latest film, Florence Foster Jenkins.
Schumer, the star of last year’s hit comedy Trainwreck and the sketch show Inside Amy Schumer, had only two words in response to the news: “Holy s–t.”
During her conversation with the Huffington Post, Streep was also asked which of her co-stars could best fake have obscure talents such as hula-hooping: “George Clooney. I’ve never worked with him … but clearly he’s a candidate,” and scaring off a bear while camping: “Liam Neeson. Duh.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement