This is a tale of two Simones, both very excellent individuals who should be commemorated for their amazing successes in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Simone Biles is a 19-year-old U.S. gymnast who recently won two gold medals — one for the women’s team all-around and the other for the individual all-around; she is also arguably the best gymnast of all time. Simone Manuel is a 20-year-old swimmer for Team U.S.A. who won the 100-meter women’s freestyle on Thursday night, marking the first time an African-American woman has won an individual Olympic gold medal for swimming.
Suffice it to say that it’s a great day to be a Simone, a fact that both Simones are well aware of and subsequently took a glorious selfie to acknowledge this.
How much do you want to bet that Simone will be the most popular baby name in 2017?
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.