Billboard premiered the posthumous release of Christina Grimmie’s music video for her song “Snow White” on Thursday. The Voice alum was shot and killed in June while signing autographs after a performance in Orlando, Fla.
The video is the first of four made for songs from the singer’s final EP, “Side A,” which debuted back in February. In a post on Grimmie’s official Facebook page, her manager said the “Snow White” video is the first part of a short film titled “The Ballad of Jessica Blue.”
The film, which will be broken up into four videos, “follows a young girls [sic] journey into self-discovery through her love life, her womanhood and her music,” the Facebook post said. While she struggles with relationship issues and self-doubt, Jessica finds answers in the wisdom of those closest to her, and in the end, “Jessica finds her path by doing what she loves. She sings from her heart.”
The videos will premiere every Thursday for the remainder of August and will feature Grimmie’s songs, “Anybody’s You,” “Deception,” and “Without Him.”
Watch “Snow White” below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement