Correction Appended: Aug. 12, 2016
In an interview with JOE.ie, Damon remembered filming a well-known park bench scene from Good Will Hunting. “It was Robin’s scene when he was just crushing it on the first take. I just went, ‘This is gonna be really good,'” Damon says of the powerful scene.
Damon went on to reveal that he recently went to the bench with his family in Boston Commons to think about Williams, who he recollects with fondness.
Williams won the Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Good Will Hunting and Damon won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay in 1998.
Watch the interview above.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated what Matt Damon won at the 1998 Academy Awards. He won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Good Will Hunting, and he was nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role for the same movie.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time