Correction Appended: Aug. 12, 2016
In an interview with JOE.ie, Damon remembered filming a well-known park bench scene from Good Will Hunting. “It was Robin’s scene when he was just crushing it on the first take. I just went, ‘This is gonna be really good,'” Damon says of the powerful scene.
Damon went on to reveal that he recently went to the bench with his family in Boston Commons to think about Williams, who he recollects with fondness.
Williams won the Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Good Will Hunting and Damon won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay in 1998.
Watch the interview above.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated what Matt Damon won at the 1998 Academy Awards. He won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Good Will Hunting, and he was nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role for the same movie.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears