When the singer handed fan Jamie Grace the mic, the young fan showed off some majorly impressive pipes, performing renditions of Adele’s “Remedy,” while the singer watched in awe. Afterwards, Adele encouraged her to sing more; Grace obliged with Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling In Love.”
It turns out that Grace is a singer herself — the 24-year-old Atlanta, GA native was nominated for a Grammy for Best Contemporary Christian Music Song in 2012, for the song, “Hold Me,” and was also nominated for a Billboard Music Award in the same year. She ended up taking home the Dove Award for New Artist of the Year in 2012 and was the youngest artist ever to do so.
Grace wasn’t the only enthusiastic fan at the concert that night however; J. Lo was also in attendance at the concert and was seen singing her heart out to Adele’s ballads.
Watch Grace’s incredible performance below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org