Patti Davis, the daughter of President (and conservative icon) Ronald Reagan, denounced Donald Trump’s “fondness for verbal violence” in response to his comments about “Second Amendment people” and Hillary Clinton.
In her Facebook rebuke, Davis recounted how her father had survived John Hinckley, Jr.’s assassination attempt, which Hinckley had said was inspired by a movie. She then told Trump his “glib and horrifying comment” was heard by many — including those who could be incited to violence if given the idea.
“Yes, Mr. Trump, words matter,” Davis said. “But then you know that, which makes this all even more horrifying.”
Read the rest of Davis’ post below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time