Michael Phelps is continuing to extend his record as the most decorated Olympian of all time, winning his 20th and 21st gold medals during Tuesday night’s events in Rio. Throughout his Olympic run, the 31-year-old swimmer has become one of the most cheered athletes of the Summer Games, winning fans over with both his incredible athleticism and tendency to wear his heart on his sleeve.
Whether it’s focused pre-race intensity, anxious scoreboard watching or unbridled celebration, Phelps isn’t one to hide his emotions. Here are six of his greatest game faces.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This