As any platinum or peroxide blonde will tell you, there’s one cardinal rule that all manufactured towheads must follow: avoid chlorinated pools at all costs. The pool’s chemicals turn sparkling white blonde hair into sickly green strands.
Apparently, no one bothered to tell Lochte that, who has probably spent more time in the pool since he got his hair bleached than out of it and his hair has definitely been feeling the effects, as seen in his latest Instagram that celebrates his victory in the 4×200 free relay.
Lucky for Lochte, however, a gold medal looks good with hair of any hue, whether blue, green, or blonde.
We’d advise Lochte to grab some purple shampoo before his hair really turns the color of Rio’s diving pool.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com