The water in the Rio Olympics diving pool has turned green ahead of the women’s synchronized diving final Tuesday night.
British diver Tom Daley, who won bronze in the men’s synchronized diving Monday, tweeted a picture showing the green diving pool compared with the blue water polo pool. As of Monday night, the diving pool had been the same shade of blue as the other Olympic pools.
The International Olympic Committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart