A fan baked a batch of Stranger Things-themed cupcakes and shared the delectable-looking photos on Reddit Monday.
Fans are still feeling the effects of the buzzy show’s ending, and this superfan was obsessed enough to create a different custom cupcake for five of the characters, and they all turned out impeccably.
Not surprisingly, Eleven’s cupcakes were mini Eggo waffle-topped and laced with maple syrup buttercream. Barb’s got a strawberry buttercream filling, possibly to resemble her fetching red hair, possibly to resemble her blood because she was taken too soon. Fittingly, Dustin’s was pumped full of pudding because the kid’s a pudding hoarder and there are real Nilla wafers on top because he knows a real Nilla wafer from a fake one just like friends. There’s even a M&M sprinkled cupcake with syrup “string” for Joyce’s unforgettable Christmas light display.
Hopper’s toppings were caramel cigarettes and frosted doughnuts, and the buttercream was glazed with his drink of choice: Schlitz because this fan is not messing around. This was certainly a metaphor for Hopper’s tendency to do sweet and destructive things simultaneously. Even if it wasn’t, cigarettes have never looked more edible.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State