The internet’s favorite Olympics analyst is officially headed to Rio.
Leslie Jones, who has become a must follow on Twitter during the Olympics, received an invitation from NBC to head to Brazil for the games, and on Monday, she excitedly announced that she is indeed Rio bound. The Saturday Night Live cast member and Ghostbusters star is set to arrive in Brazil by the end of the week and will serve as a contributor to NBC’s coverage.
In a series of tweets, Jones shared her excitement about taking her commentary game on the road. She made the official announcement with a video, where as she sported an NBC Rio Olympics hat and waved an American flag. “Guess who’s going to Rio? Guess who’s coming to Rio?” she said. Then in one of her follow-up tweets, Jones wrote, “You guys I’m gonna show y’all everything lmao!! Good and bad!! Hopefully it’s all good!! SO EXCITED!! USA!USA!”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.