It wasn’t just his excellent time in the third leg of the 4×100 relay that captured the hearts of people on the Internet who are currently determined to marry him. It was his tears, totally understandable for an athlete who just pulled off the ultimate triumph. They’re also totally endearing for the folks at home who are planning their weddings with the emotive athlete.
After the event, the team took to the podium and Held was fine until the National Anthem blared and then the tears started coming. “I’ve heard the national anthem thousands of times before, but there was something different about this one,” he told the Charlotte Observer. “I just couldn’t hold back the tears.”
Phelps, Olympic regular who accepted his 19th gold medal while his son snoozed, just laughed and held him tenderly.
See the best tweets from his new suitors below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body