This 360-degree video, shot using the Ricoh Theta S camera by TIME’s Julia Lull, offers immersion in the sights and sounds of the city. It takes viewers through the city’s famous Selaron Steps, the Ipanema beach, the beach at Arpoador, Sugarloaf Mountain and the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer.
One shot shows tourists ambling up the Selaron Steps, as others show beach-goers screaming and jumping into waves at Ipanema at Arpoador. Another scene is shot high up from a cable car traveling to Sugarloaf Mountain.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow