This 360-degree video, shot using the Ricoh Theta S camera by TIME’s Julia Lull, offers immersion in the sights and sounds of the city. It takes viewers through the city’s famous Selaron Steps, the Ipanema beach, the beach at Arpoador, Sugarloaf Mountain and the iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer.
One shot shows tourists ambling up the Selaron Steps, as others show beach-goers screaming and jumping into waves at Ipanema at Arpoador. Another scene is shot high up from a cable car traveling to Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time