When it comes to fast food hybrids, Burger King may take the crown. From sauce-infused buns to chicken fries and Mac n’ Cheetos, the burger chain has been on a roll with its trendy food mashups. And now: the Whopperrito.
After several months of testing, the burger-burrito hybrid will launch nationally on Aug. 15.
“We’re infusing classic American fare with Tex-Mex flare,” Alex Macedo, President of Burger King’s North American brand, said in a statement. “The Whopperrito is a new interpretation of the Tex-Mex trend in a way that only Burger King restaurants could imagine and uses the classic flame-grilled 100% beef Whopper sandwich meat to set this burger-burrito hybrid apart from other burritos out there.”
So what exactly is in the mysterious Whopperrito? That would be spiced beef, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, pickles and a “creamy queso sauce” instead of mayonnaise, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. In other words, it’s a Tex-Mex flavored Whopper sandwich served in everyone’s favorite burrito form. The Whopperrito will cost $2.99 or $4.99 as part of a combo meal, which seems like a pretty good deal. Next time your group can’t choose a cuisine — Mexican? American? — Burger King is here to cater to all kinds of cravings.
Watch out, Chipotle and Taco Bell. The king is coming for you.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time