When it comes to fast food hybrids, Burger King may take the crown. From sauce-infused buns to chicken fries and Mac n’ Cheetos, the burger chain has been on a roll with its trendy food mashups. And now: the Whopperrito.
After several months of testing, the burger-burrito hybrid will launch nationally on Aug. 15.
“We’re infusing classic American fare with Tex-Mex flare,” Alex Macedo, President of Burger King’s North American brand, said in a statement. “The Whopperrito is a new interpretation of the Tex-Mex trend in a way that only Burger King restaurants could imagine and uses the classic flame-grilled 100% beef Whopper sandwich meat to set this burger-burrito hybrid apart from other burritos out there.”
So what exactly is in the mysterious Whopperrito? That would be spiced beef, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, pickles and a “creamy queso sauce” instead of mayonnaise, all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. In other words, it’s a Tex-Mex flavored Whopper sandwich served in everyone’s favorite burrito form. The Whopperrito will cost $2.99 or $4.99 as part of a combo meal, which seems like a pretty good deal. Next time your group can’t choose a cuisine — Mexican? American? — Burger King is here to cater to all kinds of cravings.
Watch out, Chipotle and Taco Bell. The king is coming for you.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up