Taylor Swift has been keeping a low profile since her feud with Kanye West was reignited by a Kim Kardashian Snapchat story, but over the weekend, that all changed. The “Shake It Off” artist took the stage with Nelly Saturday night to duet “Dilemma” during a joint birthday celebration for model Karlie Kloss and oil heir Mike Hess.
Swift sang Kelly Rowland’s parts of Nelly’s 2002 hit, dancing with the rapper as the crowd went wild.
It’s no secret that Nelly is a fan of Tay. After teaming up with her and Haim to perform “Hot In Herre” during the St. Louis, Mo., stop of her 1989 World Tour, he spoke to Rolling Stone about their friendship.
“She’s just a dope person,” he said. “She ain’t got no ill wills or nothing like that, and that’s kind of hard when you come from where we come from. You rarely come across those type of people. It’s kind of like, Taylor Swift and my granny. Who doesn’t love both of those people?”
- Anti-Black Violence Has Long Been the Most Common American Hate Crime—And We Still Don't Know the Full Extent
- One Million Americans Have Died of COVID-19. Here Are Some of Their Stories
- The Buffalo Shooter Targeted a City Haunted by Segregation
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- The Ukrainian Musicians Fighting Russia Through Song
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Here's Who Won the 2022 TIME100 Reader Poll