Donald Trump is expected to detail his plan to cut taxes for working families and businesses on Monday in Detroit. His speech at the Detroit Economic Club will begin at noon EST.
The Republican presidential nominee is expected to propose income and corporate tax cuts. He is also likely to attack the government for over-regulating businesses. Trump’s proposed tax cuts are projected to cost $11 trillion over ten years.
Trump’s speech is an attempt to reset his campaign after more than a week of missteps. The billionaire’s feud with Khizr Khan, whose son was killed in Iraq 12 years ago by a suicide bomber, drew derision from many Republicans. And Trump’s refusal to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan in his primary further angered the establishment. New polls show Hillary Clinton rocketing past Trump in several key swing states, leading him by double digits in Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.
Read More: Meet Donald Trump’s Economic Advisors
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023