Jennifer Gray, who originally played “Baby” in the late-80s romance film Dirty Dancing, opted out of appearing in the made-for-TV remake.
In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Gray said she was flattered to have been approached by the ABC crew, but she wanted the new film to fly on its own.
“I was flattered because I always want to be asked because it’s nice to want to be included. But for me, it would be sacrosanct for me to do it because it didn’t feel appropriate to me,” Gray said in an interview. “It feels like if you’re going to do your own thing, do your own thing.”
Gray did not say what role she was offered, but did say it wouldn’t have been a reprise of her original role. The upcoming ABC version is set to star Abigail Breslin as “Baby.” The Red Oaks actress did say that she looks forward to watching what the ABC crew comes up with.
“I think they’ve got wonderful actors in it. I’m going to be watching it and I’m excited,” she said.
Read more at The Hollywood Reporter.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time