Jennifer Gray, who originally played “Baby” in the late-80s romance film Dirty Dancing, opted out of appearing in the made-for-TV remake.
In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Gray said she was flattered to have been approached by the ABC crew, but she wanted the new film to fly on its own.
“I was flattered because I always want to be asked because it’s nice to want to be included. But for me, it would be sacrosanct for me to do it because it didn’t feel appropriate to me,” Gray said in an interview. “It feels like if you’re going to do your own thing, do your own thing.”
Gray did not say what role she was offered, but did say it wouldn’t have been a reprise of her original role. The upcoming ABC version is set to star Abigail Breslin as “Baby.” The Red Oaks actress did say that she looks forward to watching what the ABC crew comes up with.
“I think they’ve got wonderful actors in it. I’m going to be watching it and I’m excited,” she said.
Read more at The Hollywood Reporter.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism