Jennifer Gray, who originally played “Baby” in the late-80s romance film Dirty Dancing, opted out of appearing in the made-for-TV remake.
In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Gray said she was flattered to have been approached by the ABC crew, but she wanted the new film to fly on its own.
“I was flattered because I always want to be asked because it’s nice to want to be included. But for me, it would be sacrosanct for me to do it because it didn’t feel appropriate to me,” Gray said in an interview. “It feels like if you’re going to do your own thing, do your own thing.”
Gray did not say what role she was offered, but did say it wouldn’t have been a reprise of her original role. The upcoming ABC version is set to star Abigail Breslin as “Baby.” The Red Oaks actress did say that she looks forward to watching what the ABC crew comes up with.
“I think they’ve got wonderful actors in it. I’m going to be watching it and I’m excited,” she said.
Read more at The Hollywood Reporter.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears