Pita Nikolas Taufatofua quickly became a social media sensation during the opening ceremonies for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro on Friday, when he carried Tonga’s flag into the arena, looking patriotic—and quite oiled up.
The Australian-born Taufatofua, 32, is competing in taekwondo and is the first Tongan athlete to qualify for the sport, the Washington Post reports. Before the ceremony, he hinted about “a little surprise” in a post on Instagram. “Don’t blink or you’ll miss it,” he wrote, including a wink.
The Internet didn’t miss it.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now