Gaines, 23, was fatally shot by police earlier this week after she aimed her shotgun at the officer. Her son, Kodi Gaines, was also shot. He suffered non life-threatening injuries to his left cheek. An additional medical procedure was performed Friday at John Hopkins Children’s Center, according to the Baltimore County Government.
Originally, police said it was unclear whether Kodi Gaines was shot by his mother or by the officers.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State